Senior Schedule

Seniors Approach Last Day

Packet+reveals+senior+schedule.+

Packet reveals senior schedule.

Emily Robertson, Staff Writer

The 2016-2017 school year is coming to a quick end, especially for senior students.

With less than 10 days of school left, seniors have a lot of dates to remember.

Senior exams will be Wednesday, May 10, through Friday, May 12.

Wednesday there will be exams for periods 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7.

Thursday’s exams will be half of 1st and 2nd period, followed by the second half of periods 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7.

The senior’s last day of school will be May 12, 2017, in which seniors will take the second half of their 1st and 2nd period exams. Seniors will be dismissed after second period to be apart of the walkout/clap out.

Seniors must report to the auditorium, not the Thunderdome, for cap and gown pick-up on Monday, May 15, at 9:30 am. Wednesday, May 17 from 8 to 9:15 am is another day seniors may pick up their cap and gown in the main office of the high school. Students will be responsible for any remaining school fees and having returned their textbooks, iPads, any borrowed IMC books, or sports uniforms.

iPad’s must be turned in with the case, charger, and charging block by May 15. The case will cost $16.95, charging block $19, and charging cord $7, if not returned with the iPad.

Graduation rehearsal is mandatory for those students participating in the graduation ceremony. Rehearsal will occur on Tuesday, May 16, at 9:00 am. Graduating students should arrive at the Wright State Nutter Center, where graduation will be held, by 8:45 am. Women are encouraged to bring the shoes they will be wearing to graduation to the rehearsal. Students are not allowed to bring valuables or purses to the rehearsal or graduation.

The senior carnival is to be held on Wednesday, May 17, at 10:30 am near the stadium. The carnival will include a bouncy house, a dunk tank, pizza, big cookies, and multiple carnival games.

Thursday, May 18 and Friday, May 19 are mandatory job shadowing days for senior students. Students may choose to perform community service, job shadowing, work experience, Best of the Bolts academic day, AP testing, or attend the high school for a regular school day. Students received a packet at the senior assembly with the job shadowing form, and seniors must complete the form by Friday, May 12, to be turned into the counseling center.

Finally, graduation will take place on Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 1:00 pm. Those graduating must arrive at the McLin Gym of the WSU Nutter Center by 12:00 pm.

Students choosing not to participate in the commencement ceremony may pick up their diploma in the principal’s office of the high school on May 22.