Historical Rematch for Northmont Football

One of the Biggest Games in Northmont History is this Friday

Gage Forsythe, Guest Writer

November 9th 2018 will be the biggest rematch in Northmont football history. The Northmont Thunderbolts will be playing the Pickerington Central Tigers in the 2nd round of the Division 1 Ohio high school playoffs. The game is going to be played at Evans Stadium in Springfield, Ohio.

This is more than just  a game for the 10-1 Thunderbolts it is revenge. The tigers beat the thunderbolts 41-21 in the first round of last year’s playoffs. For the thunderbolts they are looking to make history and be the the first ever Northmont Football team to go past the second round.

And many people say they can. Both Pickerington and Northmont have size and speed and play hard nosed football. It will be a battle until the clock hits zero in the 4th. Pickerington is ready for the challenge as well as the thunderbolts. Northmonts Head coach Tony Broering has been saying this to his players all week as the get ready for a battle Friday Night “You have to BEAT the champs, to be the CHAMPS!”

In this writers opinion, it will be a fight to the end but I believe The Thunderbolts will dethrone the Champion and move onto week three. I’ve heard from key players on Northmonts Team like Senior Quarterback Miles Johnson that they are not worried they think of this as another game just going week by week to further their playoff hopes and hopefully reaching Canton, Ohio Week 15.”

Make sure you bundle up as it will be another cold Friday night with maybe the first sight of snow for the year and go show your Northmont Thunderbolts support as they try to dethrone the defending Champs Pickerington central tigers.