The Thunder

• November 25T-Bolt Word of the Week ..... "Bread" .... It's time to work... let's get this bread"

• November 25"I get all my fake news from the Thunder" - Donald Trump

• November 25Feel the Thunder... Read the Thunder (If you had a news site, we would read it)

• November 25"You must see the good in others to get the good in others" - Ghandi

Merry Christmas, Eve

Are You Ready to "Be A Star" Again?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Merry Christmas, Eve

The movie poster for Life Size 2 starring Tyra Banks (courtesy of freeform.go.com).

Harley Johnson, Editor-in-Chief

On Sunday, December 2, Life-Size 2 premiered on Freeform, 18 years after the original and with Tyra Banks reviving her role as Eve.

Life-Size is a Disney Channel Original Movie (DCOM) that revolved around young Lindsay Lohan’s character and her Eve doll, Banks, that comes to life to help her with the grief of losing her mother. Life-Size 2 followed a similar format, just with no Lindsay Lohan. The sequel to Life-Size follows Grace Manning, played by Francia Raisa, as she goes through the grief of her mom being in prison. Manning has to run her mother’s company and runs into some obstacles along the way. As she gets the older the less she believes in magic, until one day when her Eve doll comes to life; skeptical at first, she then realizes Eve is a sign on how to save her mom’s company and get her out of prison (IMDB.com).

While many were excited to finally get a sequel to Life-Size, when it premiered it wasn’t exactly what a lot of people had in mind. According to Vice.com, many fans of the original couldn’t believe how cringey the sequel was. Some didn’t even make it through the whole film. Others who did make it didn’t like how hard the movie tried to be “cool” and “modern.” Some believed that there should have never been a sequel, as the sequel was not as family friendly as the first (themuse.jezebel.com).

Everything has to go through the good, the bad, and the ugly, and while Life-Size 2 went through the bad and the ugly first, it went through the good a few days after the release. Many came around to the idea that the movie wasn’t even that bad and neither was the “Be A Star” remix (vice.com).

Life-Size 2 was apart of Freeform’s 25 Days of Christmas (seventeen.com).

About the Writer
Harley Johnson, Editor-in-Chief

Harley Johnson is a senior in her fourth year of journalism. She loves being involved at school and is the editor-in-chief of the journalism staff. In...