A Don’t Miss After Prom

This Year’s Event Promises to Be Bigger and Better Than Ever

After Prom committee sets up a showcase to encourage kids to attend After Prom.

Mary McKinney, Life and Opinion Editor

After Prom is an event for Northmont students that occurs like the name says: after prom. This year, the event will begin at 11:00 pm and end at 3:00 am. The event is being held at the high school following the dance on April 18, and students are encouraged to attend in casual clothing.

This year, students will be given $16,000 in “money” as they enter a decorated NHS through DOOR 1. The event will be filled with games where students can earn more “money.” With this “money,” students can purchase prizes in the general store. Prizes range from grab bags, gift cards, and t-shirts, to Vera Bradley bags or a tablet.

All food, drinks, games, prizes, and photo booth pictures are included in their ticket price. Tickets are $15 each.

Only Northmont juniors and seniors that attend After Prom will have their names entered into a drawing for door prizes. The top door prizes is $1000 cash, generously donated by the Northmont Education Foundation. However, it must be noted that students must be present to win. Once students enter the building, they may not leave and re-enter. Door prizes will be given away every half hour starting at midnight. The largest prizes will be given away at 3:00 am.

The high school will be broken into different areas:
Commons – Food, Drinks & Tables for socializing
Cafeteria – Casino (black jack, craps, showdown, big wheel, and more)
Big Gym – Inflatable Fun (mechanical bull, obstacle course, and more)
Small Gym – Carnival Games (ring toss, football toss, putt-putt, and more)
VMR – The General Store (prize room)
Sprinkled throughout the building will be other guessing games, a professional photo booth, and giant trike races.