It’s Just Not Write!

Northmont Lacks Creative Writing Course

Junior Taylor Hamilton, who is an avid writer, believes creative writing courses would be a good experience for students at Northmont.

Taylor Harmon, Staff Writer

Have you ever thought of attending college? Have you ever thought how much college actually is?
Many students sometimes can’t afford college but there are a variety of programs where you can apply for financial aid. One of these programs is called the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which allows students to be eligible for scholarships, grants and even financial loans. There is a large percentage of colleges that actually require you to complete your FAFSA application as part of your admission process. The federal money is based off your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) which is calculated based on family size, income, and other factors contributing to how much your family may be able to help you with college expenses.
Anyone is eligible for FAFSA as long as they filled the application out correctly, so make sure you have a copy of your parents most recent tax form.
Beginning with the 2017-2018 school year, students will be able to report their income information from an earlier tax year. The FAFSA application for the 2018 school year has been open since October 1st, rather than making students wait until January 1st of the funding year. This is a permanent change to the FAFSA application. Make sure you have the right tax form because it is the key to your application.
To get started you can log on to fafsa.ed.gov to set up an account and fill out the basic information.