U-Korner: SADD Club

Becoming Your Own Hero by Joining SADD

Foreign exchange student Sia Skoryk wears her new SADD t-shirt which declares “Be Your Own Hero.”

Anastasiia Skoryk, Guest Columnist

“Be your own hero.” This phrase can be seen on T-Shirts of each SADD Club member, and I think that it is very good that students can find time for this kind of stuff like learning about living in society and making right decisions.

Let’s be honest how many of us text and drive at the same time? Every student has been guilty of driving and texting at least once in their life.

Every day we can see that a lot of people who don’t understand the risk they are taking with their life. This is what our society looks like and we think that it is cool.

But society has many different things to think about. This is how we grow up. We are starting to understand really important things and probably many of us will feel sorry about decisions which we did in school.

That is why I like SADD club. It helps me to make the right decisions and prepares me for real life. We don’t have to complain about everything in the whole world. We have to do something to make this world better for generations to come.

Especially for me SADD club is another good opportunity to meet a lot of interesting people. In Ukraine we don’t have clubs like this and I am really happy to be a part of the community in the USA.