Breakfast On the Run

Breakfast Line Ending at 7:40 a.m.

Senior Brandon Applin enjoys breakfast before classes begin.

Kalesha Scott, Staff Writer

According to a 1917 issue of the magazine Good Health, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. However, the cut-off time for the breakfast line in the Northmont cafeteria has reportedly been moved up to end at 7:40 a.m., rather then 7:45 a.m., resulting in some missing out on this important meal.

Five minutes may not seem like a lot, but it has a significant impact on some students.

“It made me angry, because now I have to hurry off the bus so I can get breakfast,” said junior Briana McNeal.

Administration claims the time has not actually changed at all, and they still want everyone to get breakfast so everyone can perform well.

“It has always been 7:40 a.m. The cafeteria ladies pushed it back because students said they were not given enough time to get breakfast. So we pushed it back, then students were waiting until the last minute to get their breakfast and taking it to class with them, spilling things in the hallway,” said Principal Mr. George Caras.

Some students feel enforcing the 7:40 a.m. time is not fair to all students, because it does not give them enough time to get breakfast.

“It is not fair to all students because some people do not get here until 7:40 a.m. or a little after because their bus comes at that time,” said sophomore Saja Al-Sharab.

According to Caras, if a bus arrives late students can still get breakfast by telling cafeteria workers their bus arrived late.