Trio Brings Thunder to the Dome

Boys Basketball Senior Night 2016

Seniors Jason Biggs, Myles Tanner, and Jarrell Taylor with Head Coach Collin Abels in the Thunderdome.

Kalesha Scott, Staff Writer

The Thunderdome will host its first boys Senior Night on Friday, February 12, as seniors Jason Biggs, Myles Tanner, and Jarell Taylor take the court for their last regular season game.

“We have been playing pretty good this season,” said Biggs. “We are currently the seventh seed out of 21 teams.”

The team has experienced dramatic improvement over last year.

“The last two years we only had one win in the league and this year we have already won five games in the conference I am pleased with improvement of the team,” said Head Coach Mr. Collin Abels.

The coaching staff is not just preparing them for success on the basketball court, but also off the court.

“I know a lot of other people outside of the program judge teams by wins and losses. There is so much more that goes into coaching than just wins and losses. It is about how you mold these young men into becoming solid citizens, good students, and hopefully some day good husbands and fathers, so I am proud of them,” said Abels.

Abels is in his third year of coaching the varsity program.

“When I took this program over three years ago, I knew you cannot take a program from one spot to another spot immediately. It is a slow process. I feel like each year we have improved. I think this year’s senior class has helped this program take a step forward this year and it’s going to continue to get better,” Abels.

The boys varsity basketball team will face Springfield in their last home game, Friday at 7:30 pm.