A Ca-Concert

Groups Perform First Concert of the School Year

Senior Andrew Wirrig performs his solo with Catalyst.

Emily Robertson, Staff Writer

Northmont’s A Cappella program held their first concert of the school year on December 8 in the high school auditorium.

The evening began with a performance by the Northmont Middle School A Cappella group, Wired, where they sang “Keep Your Head Up.”

Impulse, Northmont High School’s newest A Cappella group, performed “Signed, Sealed, Delivered,” “House of Gold,” “Love Somebody,” and “Hey There Delilah.”

While Impulse was on stage, senior Betina Dobles announced to the crowd they were about to hear the voice of an angel from one of her favorite seniors. The favorite ended up being Dobles herself, who then marched out to centerstage  in a black leather jacket and performed a solo during “Call Me, Maybe.”

Finally, veteran group, Catalyst, performed eight songs, beginning with “Turn the Beat Around.”

Senior Rylee Fitzgerald was a soloist during Michael Jackson’s “The Way You Make Me Feel.”

Senior DeAnna Ullery performed “Jar of Hearts,” and senior Allen Van Luvender performed “Absolutely (Story of a Girl).”

Following Van Luvender’s performance, senior Carter Barone excited the crowd with his beat boxing performance.

“Run to You,” a Pentatonix original, was performed au naturel, without microphones, by Catalyst.

Senior Andrew Wirrig brought some holiday cheer with him during his solo performance of “You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch.”

To end the night, Fitzgerald performed a duet with senior Paige Waterman, singing “Never Forget You.”

Wirrig considers the concert to be one of the best experiences of his life, stating that he felt incredible, and that there were no technical problems whatsoever.

The next concert will be on April 24, 2017.