Showcase of Talent

Groups Perform at Talent Show

NJROTC Armed Exhibition performs at the Northmont Showcase (photo courtesy of Brooke Carver).

Autumn Jenkins, Editor-in-Chief

On Friday, February 24, the Northmont Showcase featured the talents of the high school’s very own Drum Line, Jazz Band, Drama Club, NJROTC Unarmed and Armed Exhibition teams, Winter Guard, and Catalyst.

“I liked the NJROTC part. I liked how they did the guns and all that stuff,” said sophomore Alarryia Booker.

Other students enjoyed the humor the Drama Club performance offered.

“[My] favorite part was the Drama Club because it was funny,” said junior Denver Denby. “It was very organized.”

The members of Drama Club presented a play written by freshman Jeffrey Rucker, who also played a character in the cast.

“I wanted to see more of the Drama Club because I like how they act and feel there should be a second part [to their skit],” said sophomore Alarryia Booker.

The program ended with Catalyst, which received overwhelming applause for their beat-boxing senior Carter Barone.

“My favorite part was the beat-boxing. Catalyst had talent and it wasn’t boring,” said sophomore Bradlee Fritz.

Some students. however, still wished to see individual students perform, rather than the school groups.

“Less pre-existing school programs [would’ve made the show better],” said Fritz.

The two performances, hosted by seniors Michael Phillips, K.J. Abdullah, and Eric Hawkins, each lasted 50 minutes and showcased over 70 student performers.