The End is Near

School Has Begun and School Has Begun to End

http://www.superscholar.org/

The end of this quarter looks like it maybe crucial to some students.

Mary McKinney, Life and Opinion Editor

When the month of October begins, we usually think Halloween and Fall, but most of us should actually be thinking about the end of first quarter.

Most students don’t usually stress over grades until the end of each quarter, knowing that the report cards will sneak up on them. It has happened once again….. we have come close to the end of first quarter and students are beginning to stress.

As first quarter ends, we are that much closer to midterms, and when we are closer to midterms we are closer to finals. As we get closer to finals, we get closer to the end of the year. For some of us, the end of the year means the end of our high school career.

There are some students who work hard first and second quarter and then slack third and fourth. Then there are students who work first and third or second and fourth. Then students who work all year or not at all. There are some that care and those who don’t. For all of the seniors in the high school, this is the last chance to get the grades.

What is it about the end of the quarter that scares people when those same people should also be scared about the end of high school? Some students have yearly rituals. I enjoy watching a different “scary” movie every day in October. This year, though, is different. First quarter is ending which means I (among all the other seniors) only have three more quarters of high school left. That is quite scary to think about.

I have always hated endings. Sometimes it is not the end of a quarter that scares me, it’s knowing that I am that much closer to a grand ending. Time flies when you don’t think about it. As you sit there at the end of fourth quarter, at the end of senior year, you are going to look back and say “where did the time go?”. Don’t wait until the last minute to think about the end of the quarter, or the end of high school.