The Little Mermaid

Northmont Goes “Under The Sea”

Sophomore Jeffery Rucker reads the information sheet for Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”

Harley Johnson, Editor-in-Chief

On Monday, October 23, Northmont Drama Club had their first meeting for their musical Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”

Students can sign up for auditions, which will be held in two parts, outside Mr. Ranger Puterbaugh’s room (3201).

The dance audition is Sunday, November 5, from 2:00 to 5:00 pm in the auditorium. The music audition is Monday, November 6 and Tuesday,  November 7, from 3:00 to 4:30 pm in the auditorium. Callbacks will be Wednesday, November 8, from 3:00 to 5:30 pm in the auditorium.

There are also workshops to help students prepare for their audition. Dance workshop on Sunday, October 29 from 2:30 to 4:00 pm. Music workshops are Monday, October 30; Tuesday, October 31; and Thursday, November 2 from 3:00 to 4:00 pm.

If a student doesn’t wish to act, they can be a part of one of the many crews, which include:

• Props (gets props for the show)
  • Costume (measure actors for costumes and help with any wardrobe malfunctions)
  • Make-up (helps anyone who needs make-up or touch-ups)
  • Set (designs / makes the set)
  • Running ( helps move set pieces and curtains when needed)
  • Light (deals with lights for the show)
  • Sound (deals with sound and actors microphones for the show)

All crews must wear all black, so they aren’t a distraction to the audience. They will be backstage or in the wings, the area at the side of the stage usually out of sight.

Puterbaugh says there will need to be a big cast and crew to pull this musical off. Cast and crew will be putting a lot of hard work into this musical because Drama Club will also be performing the musical at the 2018 State Conference, along with hosting it.

The show premieres Friday, January 26, at 7:30 pm.  Other show dates include:

• Saturday, January 27, at 7:30 pm
  • Sunday, January 28, at 2:30 pm
  • Thursday, February 1, at 7:30 pm
  • Friday, February 2, at 7:30 pm
  • Saturday, February 3, at 7:30 pm

The 2018 State Conference performance will be the weekend of Friday, March 23 to Sunday, March 25.

Any other questions see Puterbaugh in room 3201.