Drama Club Goes ‘Under The Sea’

Journey to the “Fathoms Below”

Senior Maggie Salata wears her Drama Club, Disney’s “The Little Mermaid,” sweatshirt in Mr. Ranger Puterbaugh’s room, 3201.

Harley Johnson, Editor-in-Chief

Drama Club is putting on their first musical, and second performance, of the season.

They started the year off with taking students and families to Salem, Massachusetts,  for their first show “The Crucible.” Now, Drama Club is taking people ‘Under the Sea’ with Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”

The show premieres Friday, January 26, at 7:30 pm.  Other show dates include:

• Saturday, January 27, at 7:30 pm
  • Sunday, January 28, at 2:30 pm
  • Thursday, February 1, at 7:30 pm
  • Friday, February 2, at 7:30 pm
  • Saturday, February 3, at 7:30 pm

Doors will open 30 minutes before show time.

Drama Club is hosting a scavenger hunt based on Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.” The scavenger hunt will take place at 2 pm on Saturday, January 27, and Saturday, February 3. From making treats with Chef Louis, to having your fortune read by Ursula, there is something to do for everyone in the family. There are limited spots for the scavenger hunt and tickets can on be bought online at the Drama Club’s website.

Tickets for the show will be sold at the door, and can also be bought online at http://northmontdramaclub.weebly.com/. Tickets for the scaventger hunt can also be bought online. Tickets for the show are $10 for adults, and $5 for students; scavenger hunt tickets are $5 for everyone.

The Drama Club is also hosting The Ohio Thespian State Conference this year, and has the chance to perform Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.” The event hosts drama clubs from high schools from across the state. The 2018 State Conference performances will be the weekend of Friday, March 23, to Sunday, March 25, but aren’t open to the public.