12 Year old Graduating High School and College

12 Year Old’s Biggest Week

JON C. LAKEY

JON C. LAKEY / SALISBURY POST Mike Wimmer helps his Nap Robot Infinite stay balanced as it performs a programmed version of the Thiller dance. Wimmer, 10-year-old Mensan from Salisbury, recently started his high school career at a CFA Academy in Concord. Wimmer was given the opportunity to give a presentation this past summer at the American Mensa Summer Gathering in Indianapolis with his Nao Robot that he programed for the presentation. . Salisbury, North Carolina. 10/24/18

Abby Adkins, Staff Writer

12-year-old  Mike Wimmer from North Carolina took advantage of the extra time he was given during the pandemic by taking a few extra classes to get ahead in school. A year later he is getting ready to graduate high school and college in the same week.

According to CNN, Mike completed 4 years of school in one year. 2 years of high school and 2 years of college. Wimmer said this wasn’t always his plan. He was taking dual enrollment classes and realized he just needed a few more classes to get his associate’s degree at the same time as his high school graduation.

He said his GPA at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is 4.0, while his GPA at Concord Academy High School is 5.45.
Despite the age difference between him and his classmates Wimmer also told CNN he gets along with them and was even voted onto homecoming court last year.
Mike has an interest in robotics and his favorite subjects are math and science. He learned almost all of his programming and robotic knowledge through trial and error and online videos, according to his website, Next Era Innovations. He also created his own startup, called Reflect Social, which “combines popular social media platforms with Internet of Things (IoT) devices, providing a new dynamic social experience,” according to its website.
With graduation just a few weeks away, Wimmer said he’s weighing many options for his next steps. He is thinking about more school, job offers in the United States, or a fellowship that will help him grow his startup.
He said he wanted to make it clear he is still a kid and still makes time for kid activities like playing basketball and building legos.