Newly Wedded Bride Killed In Wreck In South Carolina

Samantha Miller had just gotten married to her husband Aric Hutchinson, but then on their way back from the reception they were struck by a drunk driver.

Samantha Miller And Aric Hutchinson Kissing At The Alter.

Jae'Da Jennings, Student Writer

Samantha Miller And Aric Hutchinson At Their Wedding Rehearsal Before Leaving In The Golf Cart.

The lovely bride, age 34, Samantha Miller just got married to her husband Aric Hutchinson on April 28th. On their way back from their wedding reception they were struck by a drunk driver, who is known to be Jamie Lee Komoroski age 25. They crashed on Folly Beach in South Carolina, after being rear ended by Komoroski. 

Other than Hutchinson and Miller in the vehicle there were also two others including Hutchinson’s brother in law, Ben Garret, and Garret’s son was also in the vehicle. They are both now home in Utah, with Ben Garret suffering from some severe road rash and lacerations to his skin. In the golf cart crash the cart was thrown over 100 yards and rolled several times after the collision. “Data retrieved from the rental car of the suspected drunk driver, identified as 25-year-old Jamie Lee Komoroski, indicated she was driving 65 mph and only briefly hit the brakes before she collided into the golf cart on Folly Beach, investigators said.” says Greg Canella, May 9th, 2023 cbsnews.com. Miller was still even in her dress when the crash happened, and sadly died on Folly Beach. Her husband has suffered many injuries since the crash including a brain injury and even some broken bones from this crash. Also Hutchinson has already had one reconstructive surgery and has now been placed in a wheelchair for mobility.

Aric HutchinsonMiller died from blunt force injuries at the scene, leaving her now widowed husband in the hospital. “The suspect, Jamie Lee Komoroski, 25, was charged with one count of reckless homicide and three counts of felony DUI resulting in great bodily harm, online court records show. Her vehicle was traveling 65 mph in a 25 mph zone, according to Gilreath.” says Devon M. Sayers, Shawn Nottingham and Ashley R. Williams, May 2nd, 2023 CNN.com. Miller, her husband and her family have all now received Justice for this awful accident. Annette Hutchinson has started a GoFundMe to help support her family and Miller’s family through this tough time, the GoFundMe has now reached over 700k in donations. Here is the link to help this family during these tough times gofundme.com.