The Thunder

• October 5Read the Thunder... If you had a news sight, we would read it

• October 5Find The Thunder on Twitter and Instagram (nhsjournalism)

• September 20Quote of the week... "Every morning you wake up, is a new morning to start over." - Beyoncé Knowles

• September 5T-Bolt Word of the Week ..... "Fire" .... Jeff Rucker's new CD is "Fire"

Michael Franklin

Junior Michael Franklin Sets Northmont High School Single Game Rushing Yard Record

Justin Artz, Staff Writer

After having doubts that he would even start varsity running back, Michael Franklin, a junior at Northmont, ends his third game against Tipp City extremely satisfied.

After a 35-14 Bolts win, Micheal Franklin celebrated a new single game rushing record with over 280 yards!

”It was an amazing feeling to perform like that in front of a home crowd,” said Franklin.

Although Franklin had his best game yet, he suffered a minor shoulder injury and had to miss the 43-16 win against Vandalia Butler.

”Injuries are just apart of the game,” said Franklin. “You know what you are signing up for when you play a physical position.”

Franklin’s injury seems like nothing to him, as he has no intentions of letting his shoulder get in the way of his big season goals.

“The injury is just a minor set back for this season, I’ll be back and better soon.”

With having such a big game, many students and fans are excited to see what else Franklin has in store 2018 season.

About the Writer
Justin Artz, Staff Writer

Justin Artz is a junior in his third year of journalism. He enjoys playing basketball, working out, and listening to music. You can find him hanging out with friends or watching sports, as he loves all kinds of sports. He also enjoys writing.