The Thunder

• November 25T-Bolt Word of the Week ..... "Bread" .... It's time to work... let's get this bread"

• November 25"I get all my fake news from the Thunder" - Donald Trump

• November 25Feel the Thunder... Read the Thunder (If you had a news site, we would read it)

• November 25"You must see the good in others to get the good in others" - Ghandi

Metro Still Boomin

Review on Metro Boomin's new Album

Back to Article
Back to Article

Metro Still Boomin

Not All Heroes Wear Capes album cover

Not All Heroes Wear Capes album cover

Not All Heroes Wear Capes album cover

Not All Heroes Wear Capes album cover

Caysean Hayes, Staff Writer

On, Friday, November 2 seven months after announcing his retirement, producer Leland Tyler Wayne otherwise known as Metro Boomin, dropped his surprise album Not All Heroes Wear Capes.

Not All Heroes Wear Capes, is Metro Boomin’s first album Since December of last year and also first time releasing any form of music since he announced his retirement on his Instagram in April. This album has 12 tracks plus a bonus track and is featuring 13 different artist. Every song on the album is produced by Metro Boomin and this is Metro Boomin at his best. This album has some of the best songs Metro Boomin has ever produced, it is a great return to the music scene for him.

The first track of the album is “10AM/ Save the Word” featuring Gucci Mane. This song is a great lead off for the album, this song shows Metro hasn’t lost a step as a producer. This song is just a calm beat with great vocals over it by Gucci.

The second song on the album is “Overdue”, featuring Travis Scott. This is the first of five tracks Travis Scott is featuring on in this album. The production on this song is great, the base drop and beat on this song is amazing.

The fifth song on the album “Space Cadet” featuring Gunna is one of the most popular songs of the album. Gunna has been one of the most popular up and coming artist this year and it was great seeing him on this album. Just like the rest of the album Metro”s production on this song was some the best he’s every done.

The sixth song on this album is “10 Freaky Girls” featuring 21 Savage. 21 Savage is featured on 3 songs on the album and is the best artist featuring on this album. In this song 21 Savage’s lyrics don’t lack at all, his flow with this beat is amazing. 21’s rapping in each feature gets better than the last one.

The eleventh song on the album is “Only You” featuring Wizkid Offset and J Balvin.  It is the lowest part of the album. The beat of the song is good like the others but the tone is not like the other songs.

The twelfth song on the album is “ No More” featuring Travis Scott, Kodak Black and 21 Savage. This is the best song on the album not from just a beat standpoint. This song talks about each artist addiction to drugs and dealing with the struggles of being famous . All three artists shined on this song. This is technically the last song on the album not counting the bonus track and this song is the perfect way for the album to end.

Not All Heroes Wear Capes, has great beats and the production is amazing. The features on this album are some of the best of an album by a producer that has ever came out. It is a perfect return to the spotlight for Metro Boomin. I give the album a 7/10 with the only weakness being several of the songs have limited depth and meaning.

About the Writer
Caysean Hayes, Staff Writer

Caysean Hayes is a junior in his second year of journalism. Caysean likes to watch sports, his favorite being basketball, and sci-fi movies. When he...