The Thunder

• November 25T-Bolt Word of the Week ..... "Bread" .... It's time to work... let's get this bread"

• November 25Feel the Thunder... Read the Thunder (If you had a news site, we would read it)

• November 25"You must see the good in others to get the good in others" - Ghandi

• November 20"I don't even know what this site is..." - Josh Keeble

Glory in Dallas

America's Team is on a Hot Streak - Reminiscent of the Old Days

Back to Article
Back to Article

Glory in Dallas

Quarterback Dak Prescott throws downfield to receiver Amari Cooper (Sports News).

Justin Artz, Staff Writer

Entering week 9, the Dallas Cowboys desperately needed a win to keep their season alive. With a 3-5 record and back to back losses, the Cowboys would have to come up big in a game against the defending Super Bowl champions; the Philadelphia Eagles. They won on the road 27-20. After a big win to spark some confidence in the locker room and their new wide receiver Amari Cooper, (2 time pro bowl select in 4 years) the Cowboys would win the next 2 games and take first place in the NFC East.

The Cowboys beat the Eagles, the Atlanta Falcons, the Washington Redskins and the New Orleans Saints. One of the biggest game of the 4 game win streak took place on Thanksgiving. Dallas hosted the Redskins, a divisional game for the first spot in the East. They dominated the second half of the game, including 2 plays that added 140 passing yards to their statistics.

The most recent victory from Dallas took place on a Thursday night game in Dallas, on November 29. The Cowboys snapped the Saints 10 game win streak, and moved on to a 7-5 record. Dallas made history, being the only team to hold Drew Brees and the Saints to just 4 yards in the first quarter. They also were the first team in 72 games to shutout the Saints in 72 games. The game was secured when Brees threw an interception to Jourdan Lewis to put the win in the books.

Dallas will host the Philadelphia Eagles on December 9, and will look to improve their 4 game win streak to 5, as America’s team is back on top in the NFC East.

About the Writer
Justin Artz, Staff Writer

Justin Artz is a junior in his third year of journalism. He enjoys playing basketball, working out, and listening to music. You can find him hanging out...