The student news site of Northmont High School

The Thunder

The Thunder

The Thunder

Thank you Sponsors!
MELISSA MACLEAN INSURANCE
Search this site:

Dolly Parton Covers the Song “Let It Be” With Original Artists Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr

On August 17th, Country Singer Dolly Parton Released a Cover of the Song “Let It Be” Featuring Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr For Her New Album “Rockstar”

Dolly Parton is making her entrance into Rock and Roll with her new album “Rockstar” which includes a cover of the song “Let It Be” that was released on August 17th and features original artists Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr.

Paul McCartney (Left) and Ringo Starr (Right). (Picture from Forbes)

Parton talked in an interview on Talk Shop Live about how she asked Paul to be in the song first because he co-wrote it. According to Parton, McCartney responded, “I’ll sing and I’ll play if you want me to” (August 17).

The interview continued with Parton mentioning that they had originally recorded the song with a different drummer. On Talk Shop Live, Parton said it only occurred to her after McCartney had recorded his vocals to ask Ringo Starr to play the drums (August 17).

Having McCartney and Starr play in the cover was dubbed a “mini Beatles reunion” in the Talk Shop Live interview that happened on August 17th because McCartney and Starr are the only surviving Beatles (John Lennon passed away in 1980 and George Harrison passed away in 2001). 

Dolly Parton, who’s new album “Rockstar” features many other famous artists. (Picture from Hello Magazine)

Making the cover was also an experience for Parton with the country star saying she was “proud to get to sing songs like “Let It Be” with Paul McCartney” (Talk Shop Live, August 17).

Dolly Parton’s cover of “Let It Be” is a single for her new album “Rockstar” which includes many other famous artists. Alli Rosenbloom from CNN mentions a few including Elton John, Stevie Nicks, Miley Cyrus (who is Parton’s goddaughter) and Lizzo. According to Rosenbloom the album will be released on November 17th (August 18).