The student news site of Northmont High School

The Thunder

The Thunder

The Thunder

Thank you Sponsors!
Search this site:

BLUEY GETS INTO OUR HEARTS

Disney+ Releases a 28 Minute Long Bluey Episode
Bluey and Family during the episode “The Sign”

On April 14th, 2024, Disney+ released a 28 minute episode of “Bluey” titled “The Sign”. The episode follows Bluey, her sister Bingo, and their parents as they charge through the challenges of selling their house and moving to another city. The b-plot of the episode follows Radley, Bluey’s uncle, and Bluey’s godmother, Frisky and their wedding. This is considered to be one of the most emotional Bluey episodes yet.

Bandit watching the “for sale” sign. (Knowyourmeme.com)

Throughout the episode, we follow Bluey and her sister Bingo as they fight the troubles of moving to another city, away from everything they’ve had while growing up. We see first that Bluey does not want to leave, mainly so she doesn’t have to leave all her friends behind. Bingo seems surprisingly ok with the move, but then later in the episode it is revealed that she misunderstood what “selling a house” meant. 

The wedding between Radley and Frisky was almost called off due to an argument between the couple. Frisky runs away, so Bluey, Bingo, their cousins Muffin and Socks, with the help of Bluey’s mom Chilli, hunt Frisky down to bring her back for the wedding. Once they find Frisky, it is revealed that Chilli doesn’t want to move either. 

They all return home, have the wedding, then the next morning, the Heelers are moving out. Then Bandit, Bluey’s dad, gets a phone call, which causes the Heelers to stay in their current home. 

Bluey and her mom Chilli (Vulture.com)

Many people believe that the very popular TV show “Bluey” will be ending after this extra long episode. According to Eric Lagatta, a writer for USA Today, he says, “Sam Moore told BBC that “we have more in store and we are thinking what would be next… No it is not the end for ‘Bluey,'”” (April 15th)

Hopefully, we will get to see more of Bluey and her sister Bingo as they grow up, showing the experiences children go through, warming our hearts on the way.