The student news site of Northmont High School

The Thunder

The Thunder

The Thunder

Thank you Sponsors!
MATT CASTRUCCI
Search this site:

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Dating Rumors Increase After her Appearance at a Kansas City Chief’s Game

Taylor Swift was Seen Cheering on Kansas City Chief’s Tight End Travis Kelce at his Game Against the Chicago Bears on September 24th.
Picture from CNN
Taylor Swift pictured next to Travis Kelce’s mom at the Chief’s game against the Chicago Bear’s on September 24th.

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce fans are enchanted with their possible romance after Swift was seen at the Kansas City Chiefs’ game against the Chicago Bears on September 24th.

CNN talks in an article written by Samantha Murphy Kelly, with contributions from Alli Rosenbloom, about how the connection between Swift and Kelce started with a friendship bracelet. The article talks about how wearing and trading friendship bracelets was a tradition in the US-leg of Swift’s “Eras” tour (September 25th). 

In the same article Kelly then writes, “So when Swift played Arrowhead Stadium in July, Kansas City Chiefs’ tight end Travis Kelce said he made a play for Swift by attempting to give her a friendship bracelet with his phone number” (September 25th).

Example of friendship bracelets traded at Swift’s Eras Tour. (Picture from CNN)

This comment from Kelce helped start rumors that he and Swift were together but it truly started seeming like a love story when Swift made an appearance at the tight end’s game against the Chicago Bears on September 24th.

The CNN article by Samantha Murphy Kelly wrote that Swift was not just at the game she was, “…seen cheering on Kelce in his family suite, dressed in a red and white team jacket, next to Kelce’s mom, Donna” (September 25th). 

Swift’s attendance at the game not only garnered a lot of media attention, it also led to a surge in Travis Kelce’s jersey sales. Kevin Dotson from CNN reports in an article that a spokesperson from Fanatics, which is described as “the NFL’s official e-commerce partner”, said that Kelce had around a four hundred percent spike in sales on Fanatics’ network of sites (September 25th).

Taylor Swift made another appearance at the Chief’s game against the New York Jets on October first and before her appearance rumors she was going to attend led to an increase in ticket prices. In a different article from CNN Jordan Valinsky writes, “News that the star (Taylor Swift) is rumored to be attending this Sunday’s game to see Kansas City Chiefs star Travis Kelce has sent prices soaring more than 40% — from $83 to $119 — according to TickPick, an online marketplace” (September 28th).

Taylor Swift and her immense number of fans can have a big impact and if the Swift and Kelce dating rumors are true then NFL fans will have to be ready for it.