The student news site of Northmont High School

The Thunder

The Thunder

The Thunder

Thank you Sponsors!
JOYTIME HOCKEY CAMP
Search this site:

Mike Pence Drops his Campaign for President

Former Vice President Mike Pence Announced on October 28th That he was Dropping his Campaign for the 2024 Presidential Election
Picture From The Oregonian
Mike Pence at the Republican Jewish Coalition conference on October 28th

On October 28th, former Vice President Mike Pence announced at the Republican Jewish Coalition conference in Las Vegas, Nevada that he was no longer running in the 2024 presidential election.

A CNN article written by Veronica Stracqualursi, Kristen Holmes, Kaitlan Collins, Jeff Zeleny and Kyung Lah quoted “a Republican advisor close to (Pence’s) campaign” who said that one of the main reasons Pence dropped his campaign was because he did not have enough donors and there was concern that he would not qualify for the third Republican debate (October 28th).

In an article published by Fox News Paul Steinhauser, Adam Shaw and Andrea Vacchiano wrote further about Pence’s struggles saying, “While (Pence) spent plenty of time over the summer and into the autumn on the campaign trail in the crucial early voting states of Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina, his White House bid never took off” (October 28th).

Pence announcing his bid for president in Iowa in the summer of 2023 (Picture From The Globe and Mail)

The Fox News article written by Steinhauser, Shaw and Vacchiano quotes Pence talking about his campaign experience at the Republican Jewish Coalition conference saying, “‘You know, we always knew this would be an uphill battle, but I have no regrets. The only thing that would have been harder than coming up short would have been if we’d never tried at all’” (October 28th).

In the article written by Paul Steinhauser, Adam Shaw and Andrea Vacchiano and published to Fox News on October 28th it is mentioned that Pence did not endorse anyone else after suspending his campaign.

Though, in the previously mentioned CNN article published on October 28th it was said that former President Donald Trump, who spoke after Pence at the Republican Jewish Coalition, stated after his speech that he believes Pence should endorse him (Kaitlan Collins, Kristen Holmes, Kyung Lah, Veronica Stracqualursi, Jeff Zeleny).