The student news site of Northmont High School

The Thunder

The Thunder

The Thunder

Thank you Sponsors!
M-POWER GYM
Search this site:

Halloween Homicide

A Halloween Party Turned into a Crime Scene this Halloween when a Teenager was shot
Victim Justin “Peyton” Davidson’s senior picture. Credit to Davidson family.

On October 31st, 2023, a group of teenagers from El Reno were at a party celebrating Halloween when football player Justin “Peyton” Davidson was Shot three times in the head.  Davidson’s girlfriend, Camrynn Barker, in an interview with Oklahoma news 4 on November first said that she saw the events unfold.  “I was in front of him trying to help calm him down the next thing I know he was collapsing in my arms and on the ground,” Baker told Oklahoma News 4 on November 1st.  The suspect of this murder, Delsin Tsotigh, has been brought into custody.

According to Tsotigh’s grandfather, Jacob Tsotigh, Vice Chairman of the Kiowa Tribe, Delsin felt his life was “under threat by this individual, He was harassing him.”  New body cam footage that was released the next day shows an interview with one of Delsin’s friends who witnessed the murder.  “The white guy wanted street credit.  They wanted to tell each other how tough each other was.”  But while the Tsotigh family begs authorities that Delsin’s choice was one of self defense and not an act of murder, the family of the victim Justin Davidson demands that Tsotigh be brought to justice.  

According to the Davidson family, Justin was a kind man and would intend to hurt people.  On the other side of the story, the Tsotigh family claims this is “the first time Delsin’s got into trouble,”  Grandfather Jacob Tsotigh even saying Delsin is a good boy. 

Suspect Delsin Tsotigh.  Credit to Oklahoma News 4 KFOR.