The student news site of Northmont High School

The Thunder

The Thunder

The Thunder

Thank you Sponsors!
M-POWER GYM
Search this site:

Fence Destroyed by Nuclear Plant

A Fence at a Nuclear Power Plant by Seneca, South Carolina was Taken Down on November 2nd by Doyle Wayne Whisenhunt.

On November 2nd, Doyle Wayne Whisenhunt was driving in Seneca, South Carolina when he drove his car straight into a nuclear power station’s fence. He has been arrested following the incident and has been accused of trying to harm the officer posted by the fence.

According to CNNThe Arkansas man also used his car to strike gates and fencing outside of the secured area of the plant, damaging them, the sheriff’s office said Friday. The office earlier said the car had driven through a fence.”

As soon as his car made contact with the fence, security kicked in gear. Whisenhunt immediately put his car in reverse and fled the scene down a dirt road. He got blocked by a security van but managed to get away and headed back on the highway.

According to NBC news “After driving back onto Highway 183, the driver then drove into Pickens County and pulled onto some property on Jones Mill Road, where shots were fired,” according to a statement by the Oconee County Sheriff’s Office. “At this time, the source of the shots fired in the Jones Mill Road area is unknown.”

An arrest warrant was issued for Whisenhunt following this event.

Photo from CNN

According to CNN Whisenhunt was not authorized to be on the property, the sheriff’s office said. Authorities have not released details about a motive.

Whisenhunt is now facing felony attempted murder, felony possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine, felony malicious injury to personal property, misdemeanor hit and run, and misdemeanor trespassing. He is facing up to 66 years in prison.