The student news site of Northmont High School

The Thunder

The Thunder

The Thunder

Thank you Sponsors!
MELISSA MACLEAN INSURANCE
Search this site:

Pennsylvania Nurse Sentenced to Life in Prison on Multiple Charges.

Heather Pressdee, a Pennsylvania nurse, was sentenced to life in prison without parole on May 2nd after killing and harming many of her patients.
Photo from CNN.

Heather Pressdee pleaded guilty in court on May 2nd to 3 counts of first-degree murder and 19 counts of criminal attempt to commit murder. These counts were carried out between five care facilities in Allegheny, Armstrong, Butler and Westmoreland counties between 2020-2023. Pressdee would inject her patients with insulin during low-staffed night shift hours while working the medicine cart. She would proceed to make sure her patient would expire before shift changes so no tests would be done to uncover her scheme. 

Photo from CNN.

According to Brammhi Balarajan, Jillian Skyes, Caroll Alvarado, and Holly Yan at CNN, “As part of the plea agreement, a Butler County judge sentenced Pressdee to three consecutive life sentences for the three counts of murder “plus 380 to 760 years of consecutive incarceration for the 19 counts of criminal attempt to commit murder,” the attorney general’s office said. She will not be eligible for parole” (May 3rd).

A victim’s family member, Elizabeth Simmions made a statement saying Pressdee disguised herself as a caring nurse. She also stated that Pressdee had no right to take someone from the Earth.

According to Brammhi Balarajan, Jillian Skyes, Caroll Alvarado, and Holly Yan at CNN, “ Pressdee admitted to “harming, with the intent to kill” the 19 patients, ages 43 to 104, the attorney general’s office said, according to a criminal complaint filed against the former nurse” (May 3rd).

Many more victim’s family members have made a statement. Melinda Brown stated Pressdee is pure evil, and they will get their justice when she meets her maker. A sister of the victim Nicholas Cymbol said there is no justice for this.

The motive behind Heather Pressdee has not yet been disclosed.