The student news site of Northmont High School

The Thunder

The Thunder

The Thunder

Thank you Sponsors!
M-POWER GYM
Search this site:

Steve Buscemi Gets Punched For Walking

Hollywood Famous Actor Steve Buscemi Got Punched While Walking in NYC!

Hollywood performer Steve Buscemi was walking in Midtown on Wednesday morning when out of a random act of violence, he was punched in the face and taken to NYC Health and Hospitals/Bellevue. He is in stable condition but has bruising, swelling, and bleeding in his left eye. According to police, “The individual is described as a male with dark complexion, wearing a dark colored baseball style cap, blue t-shirt, black pants, white sneakers, and carrying a book bag.”

Image from CNN

Steve Buscemi was born in Brooklyn, New York and is best known for the films he starred in such as: Reservoir Dogs, Fargo, and the TV series Boardwalk Empire. According to a CNN article written by Jack Guy, Sara Smart, and Melissa Alonso “Buscemi was assaulted in Midtown Manhattan, another victim of a random act of violence in the city. He is ok and appreciates everyone’s well wishes, though incredibly sad for everyone this has happened to while also walking the streets of NY.” (5/13)

“The New York CIty Police Department (NYPD) told CNN it is investigating the assault, which took place on Wednesday, and is the latest in a string of random attacks in the city.” From the same CNN article. A suspect has not currently been found yet and the NYPD has reached out to the public for their help in identifying the perpetrator, but there’s been no luck. According to NYPD, police were called to 369 3rd Avenue with reports of a 66 year old male who had been punched in the face.