The Thunder

• October 5Read the Thunder... If you had a news sight, we would read it

• October 5Find The Thunder on Twitter and Instagram (nhsjournalism)

• September 20Quote of the week... "Every morning you wake up, is a new morning to start over." - Beyoncé Knowles

• September 5T-Bolt Word of the Week ..... "Fire" .... Jeff Rucker's new CD is "Fire"

Tha Carter V

Thoughts on Lil Wayne's Newest Album

Cover to The Carter V photo courtesy of hiphopdx.com

Caysean Hayes, Staff Writer

Lil Wayne is a 36-year-old multi platinum rapper on Friday, September 8 he dropped his highly anticipated album Tha Carter V.

Tha Carter V is the twelfth studio album released by Wayne. The album had 23 tracks on it. The reason this album was so anticipated it was originally planned to be released in 2013 as well as in May, October, and December in 2014. The album was put on hold  by the Cash Money label and head Birdman since Wayne wanted off the label. Wayne won the lawsuit Wednesday, June 6, 2018 and the was aloud to drop.

Personally,  the album is a 8/10. The album is a great return for Wayne, who hasn’t released an album in 7 years. The first track is a heartfelt message from Jacida Carter to her son Lil Wayne about her love for her son and his music. This track was amazing because the whole album is dedicated to his mom since she is on the cover.

The second track is a song called “Don’t Cry” featuring the late rapper  Xxxtentacion. This song is the most talked about song on the album it is one of my favorite songs on the album, in this song Wayne is rapping about his life his mortality it’s a very chilling and emotional song. The other most talked about song is track number 8 “Mona Lisa” featuring Kendrick Lamar. This song has the two artists referencing the iconic Mona Lisa painting, also they are telling a story about using a woman to set a man up and dealing with shady women. Track number 15 “Took His Time.” This song is about Wayne’s mom saying that God took his time when making him. This song has a great beat and great music.

This album is a classic by Lil Wayne he talks about his struggles growing through life and struggles releasing this album. There are some parts in the album where things tend to dip down and aren’t as good as other parts where Wayne doesn’t sound as committed as he does in other parts of the album. Also, in some songs people can tell it was recorded before the album was originally supposed to be dropped due to some of the artists and style. But the album is still amazing and suggest people listen to it.

According billboard.com, Tha Carter V is number 1 on Billboard 200 with the second-largest streaming week ever for an album.

About the Writer
Caysean Hayes, Staff Writer

Caysean Hayes is a junior in his second year of journalism. Caysean likes to watch sports, his favorite being basketball, and sci-fi movies. When he isn’t at school, he likes to hang out with friends.