Haunted Ohio

Haunted Attractions Open Up in Ohio

Kings Island’s Eiffel Tower lights up during the park’s annual Halloween Haunt.

Maddie Harris, Staff Writer

Halloween is just around the corner. Ohio celebrates this spooky holiday with several haunted attractions.

“I think the main place people go to around this time of year is the Haunted Caves and Kings Island’s Haunt Fest (officially named Halloween Haunt),” said sophomore Evan Davis.

The Haunted Caves is located in Lewisburg, Ohio. Guests walk eighty feet below ground in a limestone cave, where workers dressed as demons, ghost and ghouls try to scare them. The caves are only opened on Friday and Saturday evenings. This haunted attraction has won several awards including the world record for ‘longest walk-through horror house’ in 2010.

“The haunted caves are one of my favorite places to go,” said freshman Kyle Sendelbach. “I think it’s one of the coolest attraction to go to because it was built in a cave.”

Tickets for the Haunted Caves are $17 for anyone over the age of ten. They also have a wagon rides available for $8. This isn’t the only place people can go for a fright. Kings Island also has Halloween Haunt taking place over six weekends.

“Kings Island Haunt Fest (aka Halloween Haunt) is my favorite scare attraction,” said sophomore Connor Mckeand. “It’s not only roller coasters. It also a fun way to get into the Halloween spirit.”

Tickets cost can be as low as $32, and the official Kings Island website says 20 rides will be open in addition to “haunted mazes, three outdoor scare zones, three live stage shows and hundreds of assorted clowns, ghouls, vampires, werewolves and zombies lurking in the shadows throughout the park.”

“I don’t really like horror movies or any of that, but I enjoy going with my friends and watching them get scared,” said sophomore Jasmine Johnston.

Other haunted attractions in Ohio are Dayton Scream ParkRiverside Jaycees Haunted Castle, and the Land of Illusion in Middletown, Ohio.