The student news site of Northmont High School

The Thunder

The Thunder

The Thunder

Thank you Sponsors!
GAMING ADVENTURES
Search this site:

DINO NUGGET DISASTER

Recall of Tyson’s Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets
Chicken nuggets
Chicken nuggets

On Sunday November 5th, 2023, Tyson, the frozen chicken company recalled 30,000 lbs. of Dino Nuggets. It was said that the nuggets are being recalled because there were pieces of metal found in the chicken.

According to Aliza Chasan, a writer for CBSThe product was sent to distributors in Alabama, California, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.” (Nov 6) These states were sent specific bags with individual serial numbers. People are told to check their product bags’ serial numbers. According to Johnny Diaz at the New York Times, “The bags affected have a “best if used by” date of Sept. 4, 2024, and lot codes 2483BRV0207, 2483BRV0208, 2483BRV0209 and 2483BRV0210” (Nov 5) According to Nicole Goodkind from CNN, “There has been “one minor oral injury” associated with consumption of the nuggets, according to the USDA, but no other reports of harm so far.” (Nov 5) It has been said by Tyson that the chicken is being voluntarily recalled. A voluntary recall is that customers who have bought these specific bags of chicken can bring them in themselves, but if they would choose not to (and are injured) they may not sue Tyson due to the chicken.

Bag of nuggets (HEB)

This isn’t the only time Tyson has needed to recall their chicken. According to Johnny Diaz at the New York Times, “In 2019, the company recalled 69,093 pounds of frozen chicken strips after two people reported finding pieces of metal in the product” (Nov 5) So this is strike two for Tyson, hopefully they learn from this and take better care of their machines and products.