The student news site of Northmont High School

The Thunder

The Thunder

The Thunder

Thank you Sponsors!
GAMING ADVENTURES
Search this site:

Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs win Super Bowl LVIII

49ers Devastated with Super Bowl Loss
Taken from Fandom website

Yesterday, February 11th, 2024, the Kansas City Chiefs conquered the San Francisco 49ers in a 22-25 win. Unsurprisingly, the Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes won MVP for the Super Bowl. Mahomes, according to the NFL on X, said that he had 69 total yards, 0 incompletions and the game winning TD on the last drive to seal their 3rd Super Bowl.

Taken from the NFL’s X post about the Chiefs winning drive.

Scoring summary according to ESPN:

1st Quarter: No scoring this quarter however the 49ers on their first drive fumbled the ball at the Chiefs 27 yard line.

2nd Quarter: The 49ers take the lead with a very long 55 yard field goal by Jake Moody to make the game 3-0; with about 4 minutes left in the second quarter Christian McCaffrey scored a TD pass from Jauan Jennings, and with Jake Moody’s extra point attempt the 49ers had a 10-0 lead over the Chiefs; the Chiefs didn’t want to end the half scoreless, so they went ahead and scored a short 23 yard field goal by Harrison Butker, making the game 10-3.

3rd Quarter: The Chiefs started the scoring in this quarter with a very long 57 yard field goal from Harrison Butker making it 10-6; less than 3 minutes later the Chiefs score again as Marquez Valdes-Scantling secured a passing TD from Patrick Mahomes making it 10-13 with Harrison Butker’s kick.

4th Quarter: This time the 49ers start the scoring off with a Jauan Jennings 10 Yd pass from Brock Purdy but with a surprisingly blocked kick it would only be 16-13; Harrison Butker for the Chiefs then scored a 24 yd field goal making it a tie game at 16-16; Jake Moody scored a field goal making it 19-16 but the lead wouldn’t last long, as Harrison Butker also scored a field goal tying the game once again and sending it into over time.

OT 1: In overtime, the 49ers couldn’t make it into the end zone but instead settled for a field goal making it 22-19; as the Chiefs charged down the field with time winding down, Mahomes throws a 3yd TD pass to Mecole Hardman giving the Chiefs yet another Super Bowl Victory.